Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

2018 – 2019 Beaver Control Program (CPA-BCP)

As of April 1st, 2018 to March 31st, 2019 the Rm’s and FNB’s must authorize/contract individuals with valid trapping licenses issued by the Ministry of Environment, to remove nuisance beavers.

  1. Authorized licensed individuals are required to deliver the beaver tails to their respective RM or First Nations official(s) who must mark them with paint or a notch so they are not re-used in this or any other rebate program.  The RM/FNBs office is responsible to dispose of the tail as they seem necessary.
  2. For each authorized/contracted individual, RM/FNBs must provide the following information:
    • Name of the authorized licensed individual;
    • Trapping license number and valid date of that license;
    • Legal land description or GPS coordinates of the agriculture land where nuisance beavers were removed and being claimed for;
    • Number of beaver removed from each location reported; and
    • Date of removal for each location listed.
    • For a template of the TRAPPER VERIFICATION FORM visit the SARM website at:
    • Trappers must hold a valid and current license number through the Ministry of Environment at the time their service is provided to the RM/FNB for the purpose of CAP-BCP.  License numbers and dates will be verified prior to rebate funding approval.    

Summary of Trapping Regulations and Information

Southern Fur Conservation Area (SFCA)  (South Saskatchewan open trapping area)

  • Constitutes leased or private land primarily in that portion of Saskatchewan south of the provincial forest boundary (all leased or private lands within WMZs 1-50, 52-55 and 68N).
  • A SFCA licence is available to any Saskatchewan resident provided they have:
    • successfully completed a firearm safety/hunter education course;
    • a trapper education course;
    • successfully completed the trapper education exam; or
    • have held a fur licence previously in any jurisdiction.
    • Eligible trappers holding a valid SFCA, or Saskatchewan resident youth fur licence may trap anywhere in the SFCA, provided they have obtained right-of-access from the landowner (if private land), or occupant (lessee), or applicable government agency (vacant Crown land, community pastures, rural municipality right-of-ways, etc.)